ESO Black Drake Villa Dungeon Guide
Welcome to The Tank Club: ESO Black Drake Villa Dungeon Guide.
This guide will focus on the mechanics and strategies including the general mechanics for Black Drake Villa and also provide advice for Tanks.
Black Drake Villa is part of the Flames of Ambition DLC and is a dungeon located in the Gold Coast.
This dungeon has 7 bosses: 3 of these are main bosses each with their own hardmodes and 4 are secret bosses. The 4th and final secret boss also has its own hardmode. In between the bosses are a range of different adds and fights.
For more Tank advice please ask in the Tanking-Help channel on The Tank Club Discord and for Builds for dungeons, check out the Dungeon Tank Build page.
This guide was written by TC Lee13. Map images created by Odican. Thank you to Turtle, Gilly and Odican for teaming up to run this dungeon on the PTS and helping to figure out all the mechanics!
Table of Contents
Black Drake Villa Maps
Black Drake Villa Adds
Ironeye Ravager [HP: 301,000] – Weak and common add that should be chain in and cleaved down.
Ironeye Sorcerer [HP: 220,000] – Weak and common add that should be chain in and cleaved down.
Blazing Salamander [HP: 760,000] – These are always a priority add to kill. They have a fire aura around them that will cause other adds stood in the aura to do more damage. These can be killed separately so look for them before you aggro a group of adds and kill these first.
Ironeye Marauder [HP: 760,000] – This is an Elite add that looks like a Minotaur. Often in add pulls with other adds, they are the main priority after Blazing Salamander’s. You need to make sure you block their melee attacks as they hit hard if you don’t. Try to avoid being hit by their charge attack.
Ironeye Firebrand [HP: 760,000] – This is an Elite add that looks like a Minotaur. Often in add pulls with other adds, they are the main priority after Blazing Salamander’s. The main attacks include the Fireball Light Attacks which don’t do much damage, Fire AoE which they throw around the area you need to move out of and they will also do a hit the ground attack causing a lot of Fire AoE’s to come out of the ground, you need to avoid those as they cause a lot of damage.
True-Sworn Knight [HP: 301,000] – Fairly basic add that should be pulled in and cleaved down in a stack.
True-Sworn Cauterizer[HP: 191,000] – These adds should be killed before the Knights, Scouts and Reavers as they have a number of Fire AoE abilities that do quite a lot of damage.
True-Sworn Scout [HP: 226,000] – Fairly basic add that should be pulled in and cleaved down in a stack.
True-Sworn Reaver [HP: 226,000] – Fairly basic add that should be pulled in and cleaved down in a stack.
True-Sworn Flame Hound [HP: 301,000] – These are big fire dogs that shoot fireballs at the group, kill them fast as the damage is quite high.
Burning Specter [HP: 287,000] – These are untauntable adds that move slowly towards a targeted group member.
Mudcrab [HP: 64,808] – Same mechanics as a normal Mudcrab.
Frigid Salamander [HP: 226,000] – These Salamanders are much weaker than the Blazing versions and are not a priority to kill.
River Troll [HP: 760,000] – Same mechanics as a normal River Troll.
Fire Behemoth [HP: 782,000] – Quite low hitting enemies until they do their main attack where they spin around and then slam the ground, avoid getting hit by this.
Black Drake Villa Bosses
Boss 1 – Kinras Ironeye [HP: 4,811,000] [Hardmode HP: 9,142,000]
This is a Minotaur type boss and will behave in a similar way to other Minotaur’s and Bosses.
- Weapon Light Attacks – The light attacks leave behind a Fire AoE on the ground which you should move out of.
- Weapon Heavy Attacks – The boss channels the Heavy Attack with an underarm swing of it’s weapon, this doesn’t hit very hard and should be blocked. If the boss is empowered then you should roll dodge it.
- Fire AoE Attack – Looks like a back handed weapon light attack and causes 3 circle fire AoEs to travel out from the boss in the direction he is looking.
- Fire Grates – There are grates on the side walls. They will occasionally do a flame attack so you should avoid standing too close to the side walls.
- Fiery Totems – The boss with throw totems around the room. While they are active they will cause regular fire damage to your group. These need to be attacked and taken down as a priority as long as there are no Blazing Salamander’s in the room.
- Blazing Salamander – These spawn in throughout the fight coming out of the grates on the side walls. They need to be killed as a priority as they will buff the boss and cause it to do more damage. You can slow them down by throwing Caltrops or another snare under them.
- Roar – This is an interruptible where the boss does a roar and any Salamander in the area will go towards the boss if it is not interrupted. If this happens it empowers the boss. Make sure to always interrupt the boss.
- Hammer Throw & Fire AoEs – From around 75% the boss will throw his weapon somewhere around the room and it will stay in the ground causing small circle fire AoE to spawn and constantly move around the floor. These AoEs will continue to travel around the room for the rest of the fight. At 50% the boss will run to his weapon and pick it up again. At 25% he will throw the weapon again and then run to pick it up at 20%. While his weapon is in the ground it also shoots fireballs at the group. These percentages will vary depending on if you freeze the boss with the Whiteout synergy or not.
- Fireball Light Attacks – When the bosses weapon is in the ground, he will throw fireballs at you rather than doing Light Attacks with his weapon.
- Fireball Heavy Attacks – The boss will charge up a fireball and shoot it at you. You can roll dodge this attack.
- Ground Punch – Boss punches the ground causing spiked fire rock to appear out the ground. It is targeted onto each group member so everyone needs to keep moving when this is happening.
- Large Fiery Rock AoE – The boss will occasionally raise his hand and create a large fiery Rock AoE to spawn in the room.
Boss Hardmode Mechanics
- Lava Geysers – From 75% the boss will occasionally hit the ground and spawn a Geyser/Volcano which the Tank should stand in, failure to do so causes a lot of damage to all group members.
- Chains – This is an interruptible. The boss will put a chain into the ground which will chain one of your group members. This should be interrupted as quick as possible.